Tuesday, January 11, 2005

What is the freaking deal?

Why are we still at the hospital? It has been over 3 months now, and we are still not home. Many of you are probably asking the above question. In the case of grandparents, the questions are asked in a little more exasperated manner. Well, there is not a whole lot to tell. Basically, we are waiting till she can bottle-feed all of her feedings, and then we can take her home. Not until then. Right now she feeds 3 of her feedings by the bottle, and the other 5 are by tube. She needs to be able to feed all 8 feedings through the bottle. When she can do that, she can come home with us. It is extremely emotionally draining, and since Savannah is awake a lot more now, we want to be there a lot more. But unfortunately my stuff has only gotten more involving, at the DA's office, at school, I am involved in the Energy journal and the national trial competition, and I have a paper to write this semester. Not to mention the fact that I take the bar this July. And none of these things are stuff I can back out on or I would. Angel has gone to part time, and is going to the hospital from 8:30 to 1pm to see her, and I try to go at nights. So, basically, it sucks. But that's life, right? Roll with the punches, I guess. Savannah is getting HUGE, at 8 pounds, 6 ounces. She is in her new steel cage, and I like it much more than the incubator. (see below pictures) ANYWAY, please pray that she starts to take to bottle feeding like a champ. That is the only thing keeping her at the hospital. She is on oxygen, but it ranges from 23% to 30%, depending on how she does. So not very much. If we went home we could take an oxygen tank. I just want her home real bad now.

Zack

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling your pain even though I don't have a clue what it must be like to have my baby in NICU for three months. My Aaron was pretty jaundice after birth and had to stay an extra 2 days in the hospital. I thought the world was coming to an end when I couldn't take my baby home, so I can imagine the pain because I too am a parent. We will be praying here in Marshfield for Savannah, and that you can take your little girl home soon. Love, Patty Osowski and Family

11:28 AM  
Blogger SavannahDad said...

Thanks for all the comments guys! Savannah would be on a quarter of a liter flow, if she went on a tank with 100%. So not very much. The only reason I know this is because once they had this accident in another part of the hospital and the oxygen for the NICU shut off. Savannah was put on a tank and she was fine, but the babies on the ventilators had to be "bagged" manually by the nurses. How terrifying for those parents! At the time I was thankful that Savannah was in the isollette.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home