Sunday, October 24, 2004

Savannah doing super-good!

As you can see below, Savannah is doing super well. The nurses mess with her about every three hours, to use this vibrator-thing to massage her chest so loose phlegm gets dislodged, and also to move her around and listen to her lungs, and also to periodically give her her Digoxin, her very potent heart medicine. She is off the C-pap mask now (I had mispelled it before, C-pak, until one of the nurses explained it to me.) and is on her Cannula, this prong-plastic thing that goes into her nose. It is MUCH less invasive, and she is doing really well on it. Earlier tonight her pulse-ox (her "Sats", in nurse slang) went down, and we couldn't figure out what the deal was, and I thought maybe she would have to go back onto the C-pap, but then they opened her mouth and suctioned it out, and pulled out the biggest glob of snot that I have ever seen. It was disgusting, and it was also golden footage! I caught the whole thing on camera, I figure I'll play it at one of her birthday parties when she gets older. Really, it was super gross. I gagged a little. Besides that, nothing much happened, which is exactly the way we want it. Now is just the long road to suckling. We will have to wait, and watch, and wait some more. They tell us that when she is 34 weeks or so old they will try suckling, and when she is able to do that, we can take her home. She is gradually coming off of her IV line, and I can't wait till that thing is out of her arm. I have developed a special dislike for all the things that have to be on, in and around her for her own sake. But I know it needs to be done. She is getting so much better, now they are feeding her 10 mililiters (about 2 or 3 thimbles) of milk every 3 hours, and she seems to be eating better and better. So, here's to her getting big and fat in the next month! Thanks so much for your prayers, I thank God for her all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home